Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Artist Movie Review

Over the holiday break I had the chance to see a movie that I’ve been anticipating for quite some time. For the most part I enjoy movies from all genres, especially old movies, films form the 50’s, 40’s, 30’s, 20’s and 10’s. I enjoy silent films very much, I find it to be a very beautiful yet dead art form.

I regularly use a movie information website called IMDb. One day I was browsing the site when I saw a poster on the front page, the reason this movie caught my eye is because the front page is for new movies, but the people on the poster were dressed in 20’s clothing and it was in black and white. Once I did a bit of research I found out that a French director was filming a new silent movie. This film seemed right up my alley. So I made sure to see it in the theater.

The movie is about a fictional famous silent film actor named George Valentin. Who was once the main man in the lime light, with the world at his finger tips. But he fell victim to a world that has been changed by the invention on the ‘Talkies’. He is forced to the way side by new and young actors.

The film is very well done. It goes to every length to really make you believe the you’re watching a much older movie. I would have to say it’s one of my favorite films of all time if not my favorite. I highly recommend it to anyone seeking a much needed break from the typical big budget movie that lack the slightest scrap of a story.
Over all I’d give it a 5/5 It’s a must see!
-Great story
-Excellent art style
-fantastic acting


By Alexander

1 comment:

  1. Thanks For Sharing With us Good Job Keep it up
    News4andhra is a largest portal in India and provides Telugu Political News, AP Regional News, Telugu Movie News and Telugu Cinema Reviews

    ReplyDelete