Monday, October 3, 2011

Trip To Chicago

Recently a few of my friends and I went downtown Chicago together. For most people this would have just been a normal train ride and a walk through Chicago, but to me it means more. To me it’s a sign that I’m leaving childhood and becoming an independent adult. This was my first time riding the train without an adult and my first time in the city without my parents.

While we were in the city we went to a few differnet places. Once me and my friends got off the train we started to make our way towards Millenium park. After hanging out there for a while we started to look for a place to get some food. We finaly decited to stop at Subway. By the time we finished it was time to get back on the train and start heading home.

Not having any one there to keep track of time, where we are going or how to get back definitely forced me to rely on my self much more. I found my self paying much more attention to street names, what time it is and when the next train is coming. It was a very fun day and I hope to do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment